Pages

Friday 29 April 2016

It's Me-Made-May Time Again!


Well long time no speak! Has it really be a year since last year's Me-Made-May? Are any if you guys taking part - are you changing up your own personal challenge from last time at all?



me-made-may'16

Well, I've been looking forward to 2016's challenge, as I feel that I have more me-made pieces in my wardrobe to make it work. Mainly t-shirts ;-)!

For those of you not in the know - the MMMAY challenge is run by Zoe, and is a great way of getting us to wear our lovingly handmade items more often.

It's not just for sewn items - anything sewn/knit/crochet/refashion/upcycled is included!

Last year, I documented my daily wears on my instagram on my Instagram account here: http://instagram.com/clairesews (feel free to follow me if you like - I'm @ClaireSews). And, happily I met my goals and wore 1-item per day :-)!

This year, I had anticipated doing the same (1 thing per day)... but at the moment I'm waiting to hear back about whether or not I'm starting a new full-time office job. And, fingers-crossed that I'm a lucky gal and I get the role - it's due to commence near the start of May. The (potential) new job is with a prestigious company and I feel that a smarter, more polished classic wardrobe would work best. And, because of that I need to flesh-out my me-made selection in order to meet my own style-expectations.

Therefore, I'm still going to commit to #MMMAY16 - but just in a more subdued manner than 2015!

'I, Claire of www.sew-incidentally.com,
sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16.
I endeavour to wear 4 me-made items each week
for the duration of May 2016'.

And, I'll still post my MMMAY16 pics to instagram - but they just won't be as frequent as last time!




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I wasn't the only last-minute sign-off!

    Good luck with the new job, and with your #mmmay16.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.