Pages

Friday 11 December 2015

Delta OL-1000 Overlocker: PDF Instruction Manual for Download.... "Paying it Forward!"



04 Overlocker - Front
My old 'Delta OL-1000 Overlocker' (Serger)
(More pics here)

Sometimes you just gotta read the manual right ;-)? I was browsing the web (as you do!) and I thought I'd look up my first Overlocker (Serger) model that I bought 2nd hand way back in October 2010. These days I'm totally loving the Brother 1034D that my lovely Hubby bought for me a birthday pressie coming up to 4 years ago - but I was curious to see if many people had my old machine.

My old machine is a Delta OL-1000 Overlocker, and my first taste of using it was at a class that I attended back in 2011 with Karen. I never got to use it too much at the time, and sadly I never got the hang of adjusting the tension to adeptly (I suspect I may be better at that now that I've made upteen T-Shirts on my Brother machine haha!). Less than a year after the class I got my 1034D and it's been happy overlocking all the way ever since :-) yay!

My browsing around brought up a few links where people had picked it up as a second-hand buy, or... where someone was desperate to get a hold of a copy of the instruction manual as their pre-loved machines were missing the user guide.

Well now - this struck a chord with me. And, being the helpful soul that I would like to think that I am, I decided to scan my own copy of the manual and to upload it to the world-wide-web for all and sundry to find. (I.e. my way of paying it forward!)



So, if you've come across my blog whilst searching for a copy of the guide book then your in luck folks! Here are 2 different places where I have uploaded the PDF file (it's around 17MB). I hope that it helps anybody who has been struggling to find a copy to print off. (NB: The pages are sized to A4 - so adjust your printer settings as you feel necessary peops!)

Download a PDF copy of the Instruction Manual for the Delta OL-1000 Overlocker Sewing Machine here:

Issu: http://issuu.com/clairesew-incidentally/docs/delta_ol-1000_overlocker_sewing_mac

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Wg8u0BpVn-aGNVQ1JPb1lzcDQ/view?usp=sharing



Here's an embedded preview from Issu.com:



Enjoy!!!




7 comments:

  1. That is a really nice gesture. Sometimes it is hard to find a manual. I had to turn to the Internet when I lost the manual for my Necchi overlocker. It's a great resource. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls I need help... Someone told me that the Machine and Sew and Weave/overlock at the same time... Is that possible?? Pls respond🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An "overlocker" (also called a "Serger" in USA) does not weave.

      An overlocker is a special kind of sewing machine. It creates a kind of stitch that sews over the raw fabric edges of one or two pieces of cloth for edging, hemming, or seaming. Usually an overlock sewing machine will cut the edges of the cloth (using sharp cutting blades incorporated into the machine) as they are fed through the machine.

      Delete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.