Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

My Sew-l-utions 2013... In The Jar + Stash Busting


didyoumakethat     
LEFT: Image from Karen's Blog (image by Shivani)
RIGHT: Image from Cation Designs (image by Jen)

Right-i-o, before January finishes, and the "newness" of a brand New Year feels like it is over - I want to publicly declare my sewing-intentions for this year:



This will allow me to create a range of garments (7) and accessories (2) - and hopefully try out and improve a number of new skills and techniques. That's around 1 me-made item every 6 weeks - very do-able methinks LOL!

I am coupling it with the Stashbusting Sewalong by Cation Designs and Emily aka EmSewCrazy. My fabric stash is mega, and doesn't look like getting any smaller :(! So, this will spur me on to use it up or swap-it-away (watch out ladies in Walthamstow this Saturday, as I shall have loads to swap with you ;) !)



2012 was very poor and unproductive for me in terms of sewing output (only 2 scout woven tops made, and 1 SoZo Vest) - luckily I've surpassed that poor sewing-rate this month already with a RTW copy of a top sewn up, and I've made this BurdaStyle Magazine T-Shirt already made (pattern is 02/2013: T-Shirt #126, post to follow shortly! Long-sleeve pattern here too.)

There's some very interesting plans in Karen's jar - I wish everyone the best of luck 'n' success with their sewing endeavours :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.