Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

London Sewing Fans: Buy A Few Vintage Patterns and Help a Sewist In Need



Tracy is helping out a fellow sewist in need. She's helping by selling over 200 vintage sewing patterns at the Vintage Fashions Fair London.


I'll let Tracy's own words explain...
"My friend’s aunt had to go into residential care last year as she has dementia.  She was a dressmaker all her life and my friend has inherited her fantastic collection of sewing patterns (about 200), along with some fabrics and her handmade dresses.  The patterns are mostly from the 1950s and 1960s and include Vogue Couture, Vogue Paris,  “ordinary” Vogue, Simplicity, Style, Maudella - mostly unused. It’s mostly women’s but also some children’s and a few men’s patterns. I did post on my blog about them a while back with some photos – which show the quality of the stuff she had.

Every penny, after we pay for the stall, will go towards her residential care – so if anyone fancies some guilt-free adding to their pattern and fabric stash we’d appreciate it. I’d also like to think she would be happy knowing that her collection would go on to be used by a new generation of sewers."

Any unsold patterns Tracy will list on Etsy and eBay afterwards.

The stall will be on Sunday 14th April 2013 - doors are open 11am - 5pm, at this Primrose Hill address (entry is £3 on the door):
 

The Vintage Fashion Fair
Cecil Sharp House
Primrose Hill
London
NW1 7AY

More details about it at www.vintagefashionfairlondon.co.uk.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there to support this effort. Wrong side of the pond, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know when they are on etsy/eBay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about this! I popped by, picked up a fab pattern and glad I could help the cause. It needs a bit of resizing so is sitting in the to-do pile at the moment. I'll put up a post when it makes it to the top!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.