Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Sewing Meet-Up: London, Goldhawk Road - Saturday 3rd August 2013




EDIT: 01/08/2013... I've closed any further new comments on this blog-post folks. We're up to 35+ definite & confirmed-in attendees to this meet-up and, regrettably I cannot accept any more additions to our numbers (there's just not any lunch/food venues big enough to cater for our size... I was pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed by just how popular this meet-up has become - thank you to everyone who has replied so far, and do please watch out for further dates from me :)!).

If your sew-jo is low because you have missed out on your chance to join in with Rachel from House of Pinheiro's meet-up on the 20th April 2013, then fret-ye-not folks, and turn that frown upside down! As now you have another opportunity to enjoy the lovely fabric shops of Goldhawk Road/Shepherd's Bush Market! 


Yup, I'm holding a meet-up this Summer (hopefully sunshine will have finally graced us with it's presence by then LOL!).

So, save the date below in your social diary!

Nearer to the actual date I will gauge the confirmed number of attendees and book us somewhere nearby for lunch (probably The Melrose - scene of Dibs's excellent camera work last year!).


                   LONDON MEET-UP
                   Place: Goldhawk Road Station (in the ticket hall inside)
                   Date: Saturday 3rd August 2013
                   Time: Meet-up from 11.15am till 11.45am
                1st Shopping: 11.45am - 12.50pm
                   Swap-a-thon + Lunch: 1pm - 3.00/3.30pm
                   2nd Shopping / Market: 3.30pm onwards!
                      
                   Home Time:
5.00pm - 5.30pm
.
We'll meet up from 11.15am at the ticket hall inside of Goldhawk Road station. Then, we'll aim to walk to a nearby cafe/bar (venue as yet to be announced) to start eating an early lunch at roughly 12pm (it won't take too long to walk there I promise!). There, we'll swap, de-stash, chat, eat lunch and make merry until 2.00-2.30pm. Afterwards there'll be plenty of time to visit the amazing array of Goldhawk Road shops, and also Shepherd's Bush Market next door too.

                      Wanna join in the fun?...
                       If you fancy coming along to this meet-up please email me at:   
                       sew[dot]incidentally[at]yahoo[dot]com 
                       (please mention London Meet-Up in the email subject line). .
.

Swapping.... Please, please do not worry about what to bring with you to swap with the other sewists on the day! No one is obliged to bring anything at all with them. It's all about de-stashing and having fun! The idea is to pass-on any un-loved sewing / knitting / crochet stuff... ranging from fabric, patterns, notions, books, threads, buttons or magazines etc. etc... Nobody leaves empty handed - and you always find something new, exciting and surprising in amoungst the piles of yummy stuff on the tables :)

Maps and mobile phone numbers for contacts on the day itself will be emailed to attendees nearer the time once a list of names has been confirmed.


For transportation, map 'n' directions to Goldhawk Road:
Here's a handy link to a download page for a PDF of the local area map of the Goldhawk Road / Shepherd's Bush Market from TFL.
It might be useful for anyone travelling via public transport to the meet-up :)

Plus: Transport for London's Journey Planner and National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, and one more.... walking directions for London WalkIt.com

Is London not so easy for you to travel to? Then check out the Brighton or Birmingham meet-ups too!



24 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT for this! SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll definitely see you in Birmingham ;o) I will try hard to make the August date in London too! So much fun to be had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in for this Claire - I haven't made it to Goldhawk Road yet - so exciting :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooo hope I can make this one - I'll just miss out on the Birmingham one but I'll still be in the UK for this one and I am determined to be there! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so wish I lived in the UK sometimes so that I could attend one of these fabulous meet-ups!

    Claire, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award... I love your blog, and I also love everything that you pin. You can find the details of the award here: http://itsasewinglife.blogspot.com/2013/04/spreading-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in for this, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i'm going to try and make it to this one! thanks for organising (and see you on saturday?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in too - although I do think that means you have the pleasure of my company for three weekends in a row because of the Pattern Magic course at Morley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be there! Looking forward to it.
    tabathatweedie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got your back girl. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was lovely to meet you on Saturday, I had such a lovely day with everyone that I can't wait to do it again. Please count me in. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I'd love to join this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to join - very exciting - the first one I'll be in the UK for!
    Prawns

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know any of you yet, but I was so disappointed to miss out on the recent meet. All being well with trains, I'd love to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had such a good time at the April meet-up, I'm definitely coming to this one. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh I could do this - coming over from Belgium that weekend! Will see what I can do - would love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Having missed out on Brum this past weekend nothing is going to keep me away from this meet-up! See you there, Claire! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me too, please!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes please, the last one was such fun! Thea

    ReplyDelete
  20. So looking forward to it! Sent you an email, just hope I'm it too late ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This has been in my diary for ages but totally forgot to rsvp! I shall be there, will be sorting my stash for swaps this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  22. I emailed but not sure if I wrote the address wrong so I'll pop it on here as well I'd love to come too and may be accompanied by my mother :) thanks for organising xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm relatively new to the online sewing community and have been looking for an event like this for ages, then find one only two days before it's happening! I'd love to be able to come along, but although I'm in London I have other plans.

    I'll keep following the blog for details of the next event (London or Birmingham).

    I hope you all have a fabulous day!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Amy, I'm so, so sorry - but I'm now up to 39 names who've all confirmed for this meet-up and a reluctantly cannot fit any more folks on.

    If you send me an email with your contact details I'll email you direct the next time I hold another meet-up :)

    My email address is near the top right-hand side of this webpage in the 'About Me' section.

    Best wishes,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete